The main missions of the Quebec Leukemia Cell Bank are:
- Develop a bank of well-characterized human hematological cancer cells with a priority for banking of acute leukemia specimens. A computerized database includes the laboratory analyzes performed on these specimens and the corresponding clinical data. These specimens are cryopreserved with high quality standards for various research programs in genomics, proteomics, drug development, etc. The purpose of this biobank is to promote fundamental, translational and clinical research in hematological cancers.
- Provide cytogenetic analysis services for cancer research.
- Contribute to the training of specialized staff and students.
The program’s objectives are:
- Understanding the mechanisms involved in hematological malignancies
- Developing tools and expertise to:
- Facilitate the work of researchers in hematology, oncology and immunology
- Facilitate blood cancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatments
- Developing new therapies for hematological cancers